[MITgcm-support] Re: problems with ptracer package

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 26 12:18:10 EDT 2003

(oops, I didn't finish) ... using kappaRS.  There is no separate
calc_diffusivity routine for the pkg/ptracers.  So I thought that
reasonable initial values in ptracers_readparms would be:

       PTRACERS_advScheme(iTracer)=saltAdvScheme
       PTRACERS_diffKh(iTracer)=diffKhS
       PTRACERS_diffK4(iTracer)=diffK4S
       PTRACERS_diffKr(iTracer)=diffKrS

rather than 0.  You can override these new default values by setting
them explicitly in data.ptracers.  Or we can switch back to the old
defaults in ptracers_readparms if these are causing you a headache?

D.