[Mitgcm-support] Re: pickup file written by MITgcmUV_checkpoint34

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:35:16 EDT 2003

Patrick,

 You should probably do it as a runtime flag, not a CPP
 thingy. Also make sure you include some textual output
 indicating whats going on. Because of crappiness in
 namelist (once something is added its hard to retire it)
 might be better to base flag on a special file.
 e.g.
 touch pre34_style_pickups
 if ( existf("pre34_style_pickups") ) then
  blah blah using pre34 pickups
 else
  blah blah not using pre34 pickups
 endif

 Lets see if this makes Alistair rant :-)....

Chris