[Mitgcm-support] Re: pickup file written by MITgcmUV_checkpoint34

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:17:01 EDT 2003

It would be possible to do this by writing the version of
checkpoint into the meta information and actually reading/
parsing it.

If it's absent then we know it's pre-c38 and here after
we know what version and format it is.

It really would be better to automatically detect it than
to expect the user to remember to change a parameter or
re-compile. Are you volunteering to write the parser?

A.