[Mitgcm-support] Re: success

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:43:21 EDT 2003

Cool. There are some starting parameters on the atl6 CD's.
Also at Arne's web site. You will beed biharmonic and timestep
of around ten minutes would probably be a good start.
CFL condtions for biharmonic is very approx.

   k4.dt/L^4 < 0.1

 where k4 is biharmonic coeff,
       dt is timestep,
       L  is grid spacing.
 CFL is worse for the smallest L on your grid.
 We can scale k4 a bit in the small L regions later
but a quick test first would be useful and good for morale!

Suggest first run is one with just hydrography, no forcing,
no relaxation. Run for one month and see what happens!
You can ask the BU people for more space under /project/

Be in later.

Chris