[Mitgcm-support] Re: detatfreesurf == deltatracer

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:43:23 EDT 2003

For natural boundary conditions it is clear it can only be
deltaTtracer, right J-M? Aside from that, I don't know what
you mean by ssh/H << 1 is violated? The variability in ssh
leads to large "surface correction" tendancies which seem
to be the source of the blow-up. Before the blow-up, the
tracer fields were heading the wrong way well be large ssh
anomalies appeared.

On the basis that asynchronous integration introduces
two different time-steps for tracers and momentum,
a third is clearly introducable for the barotropic mode.
What it should be set to is probably quite arbitrary except
for the limitation by natual boundary conditions.

Are you concerned about the extra cg2d iterations?

A.