[Mitgcm-support] New ECCO Report and date for next meeting

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:32:53 EDT 2003

Greetings!

We have produced a new ECCO Report (#4) which summarizes results from the first
global optimization. Two more reports are in preparation showing a comparison of
those results with ocean observations and analyzing ocean transports and
transport divergences from the estimated state. They will follow soon.

You can get a copy of the first report from the anonymous ftp
ice.ucsd.edu:/pub/detlef/ecco/ecco_P1_c2.pdf. A hard copy will also be available
soon and the report will be available from the ECCO home page.

As to the date for the next meeting: We decided to have the next ECCO meeting in
Boston during the Spring AGU. The AGU is  May 29 - June 2, 2001
(Tuesday-Saturday). I suggest that we have a 2 day meeting Thursday-Friday at
MIT.

With best regards,
Detlef.
--