[Mitgcm-support] Re: cg2d_x <-> eta switch

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:25:46 EDT 2003

Hello Chris,

> Aren't we going to have some backwards compatability
> problems with pickups from previous checkpoints.

Yes. I am trying to figure out what we had to modify to
restart from a previous pickup. And propose that,
after, we decide if we want to define a specific
option for restarting from old-pickup or have simply
fews commented line to activate.

Concerning the latest changes (that affects units):

o Atmosphere: a gravity factor is missing for "etaN".
I will test a dirty modif in initialise_varia.F

o Ocean Hydrostatic : I tested exp2 and it works (without
any specific change) :
1_new + 1_new = 2_new = 1_c36 + 1_new

o Ocean Non-Hydrostatic : In theory, the latest changes
should not break anything since cg3d_x is not stored in
the pickup file. But I have to check that the pickup itself
works (in checkpoint 35 & 36), because it seems curious.

See you,

Jean-Michel