[Mitgcm-support] GM scheme

mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org mitgcm-support at dev.mitgcm.org
Wed Jul 9 15:25:42 EDT 2003

Alistair, I had a look at the code you sent me and have done some minor
changes to KPP code to make it compatible with both c27 and JPL MITGCMUV codes
(with the exception of calc_diffusivity and the KPP diagnostic routines
kpp_*_diags.F and KPP_DIAGS.h).  I have left a copy of modified code on
alhena.jpl.nasa.gov in /u2/dmenem/kppJPL19jun.tar.gz.  In particular the
kpp_routines and KPP_PARAMS are now properly enclosed by ALLOW_KPP flags so
that they compile both ways and all relaxation terms have been removed from
KPP routines and included in load_external_fields.F instead as we discussed.

Including your new GM code in the JPL flavor of the MITGCM is a bit more
involved than I had assumed.  Can I call you sometime today to ask a few
questions about it.  Let me know when and where.

Dimitris