[MITgcm-support] MiTGCM LLC4320 data

Menemenlis, Dimitris (US 329B) dimitris.menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 10 10:33:10 EDT 2024

Hi Ramiro, what software tools did you try to use for the extractions?

Did you try to use: https://xmitgcm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/llcreader.html
and https://medium.com/pangeo/petabytes-of-ocean-data-part-1-nasa-ecco-data-portal-81e3c5e077be
to extract model output from: https://data.nas.nasa.gov/ecco/eccodata/llc_4320/
?

Dimitris

On Apr 8, 2024, at 7:27 AM, Ramiro FERRARI <Ramiro.ferrari at noveltis.fr> wrote:

Dear MITgcm support membes,

Within the framework of a CNES CAL/VAL SWOT project, we are conducting a study aimed at comparing MiTGCM (LLC4320 version) and moorings data velocities. We have spent several weeks trying to download MiTGCM data at different mooring locations but it was impossible, IT resource issues.
I was wondering if you could help us to download or making the database accessible?
Please find attached a figure and a .txt file with the coordinates of the points (mooring locations) where we need to make the MiTGCM data extractions.
I’m looking forward to your reply and thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Dr. Ramiro Ferrari

NOVELTIS
153 rue du Lac