[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] Decompose Sensitivity to Qnet

Menemenlis, Dimitris (US 329B) dimitris.menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu May 25 20:09:38 EDT 2023

Hi Dong, I am no expert on this but Ian just dropped by my office and helped me answer: these adjoint variables are computed, when the equivalent forward quantities are available, e.g., when using bulk formulae, just not all of the available adjoint variables are saved. You can look at block that saves ADJqnet and add other available adjoint surface forcing variables in same way.

Dimitris