[MITgcm-support] Problem when using MITgcm

陈思文 kelsiechen2161 at gmail.com
Wed May 17 16:07:37 EDT 2023

Hi,

I’m using MITgcm for my research, and I got such error in the slurm file, “Lmod is automatically replacing "openmpi/4.1.4" with "intelmpi/2021.6.0".” However, I didn’t change anything before last time I ran this model. So I’m guessing if you have had any upgrade of the system and my previous code doesn’t work now.
I guess it's because I load intel into my environment when I submit the job to the queue (because we compile the model with the intel compiler). openmpi is the mpi package for Fortran compilers and it cannot be loaded at the same time as the intel environment, so the module management system replaces it.

But I don’t know how can I fix such problem, Thanks very much!

Best,
Siwen