[MITgcm-support] external forcing wind

Dattilo, Francesco fdattilo at ogs.it
Thu Jul 6 06:26:37 EDT 2023

Thank you very much for the answer Manfredi,

However, still having set the same options you provided to me, if I run the
model like this I receive this warning:

"** WARNING ** DARWIN_EXF_READPARMS: default constant wind speed ',windconst
<https://gud.mit.edu/darwin3/ident?v=darwin3;i=windconst>,' m/s is used'"

This seems because I have to set "darwin_useEXFwind = .TRUE." and
"DARWIN_haveWind = .FALSE" in data.darwin.

My confusion comes from this, because in the example mentioned before there
is no reference to these two boolean values.

Do you have any ideas about it?

Thank you very much

Francesco