[MITgcm-support] Diagnose terms in vorticity equation

Yilang Xu yxu at whoi.edu
Wed Feb 1 12:01:51 EST 2023

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the explanation. I track down the code you list to mom_calc_relvort3.F. I guess the terms in the vorticity equation can be coded for diagnostic purpose in a similar way. Or, the vorticity budget can be calculated post-run, since the velocities, viscosities, momHDiv, and momVort3 can be diagnosed.

Cheers,
Yilang