[MITgcm-support] ABNORMAL END: S/R EXF_CHECK_RANGE

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Fri Mar 18 01:16:16 EDT 2022

Hi Yanbing,

I would suggest to try to get the error message written to one of the STDERR.xxxx file,
since it will give some idea about which field is causing problems.
If you add to eddata:
 debugMode=.TRUE.,
it will run much slower but will flush the IO unit of STDOUT and STDERR file
so that you will get the error message.
And when you try this you could also set
 debugLevel=2,
in first namelist of main parameter file "data", (debugLevel default value is increased
to 4 with debugMode=T) to reduce the amount of printed stuff in STDOUT (so that it's not
far too slow).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel