[MITgcm-support] High-frequency time series output at a single domain point for computation of a power spectrum

Burns, Paul P.Burns2 at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Jan 25 07:17:53 EST 2022

Hi,

I am using MITgcm and subscribed to the mailing list.  I need to write out timeseries at high time frequency and at a single point in the domain, in order to compute a power spectrum.  I am currently using the Diagnostics package to write out state fields, but I am unclear how to modify my setup to write out timeseries data at a single point.

I would be grateful if someone could advise me about how to go about this?  The Diagnostics package is complex.

Many thanks,
Paul

Dr Paul Burns MInstP FRMetS

Research Fellow

Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics Group

Department of Mathematics

Harrison Building

University of Exeter