[MITgcm-support] Internal tide simulation with multiple frequencies

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Fri Jan 21 15:36:50 EST 2022

Hi Rob,

When I have done remote internal tides, I have used rbcs in a large sponge, and simulated the incoming tide by nudging the velocity and density fields.  This works very well if your sponge area is large enough (on the order of mode 1 wavelength) and gentle enough.

Let me know if you need more details.  You can see https://doi.org/10.1175/JPO-D-16-0061.1 for how it turned out.

Cheers,   Jody