[MITgcm-support] Internal tide simulation with multiple frequencies

Nazarian, Robert rnazarian at fairfield.edu
Thu Jan 20 10:22:47 EST 2022

Hi,

I am using the MITgcm to simulate remotely-generated internal tides. I have a version of the simulation working with an M2-frequency internal tide and want to superimpose a K1-frequency internal tide. I know that I need to change obcs_calc to include both forcings (i.e. changing OBWu and OBWv), but I am unsure how to indicate that there are two U.init/V.init files to read (i.e. separate U.init and V.init files for each frequency). Has anyone else made this modification? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Rob

Robert Nazarian, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Physics
Fairfield University
(203) 254-4000 ext. 4115
rnazarian at fairfield.edu<mailto:rnazarian at fairfield.edu>
Twitter: @fairfielduphys