[MITgcm-support] imposing sea ice

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Tue Feb 22 18:53:58 EST 2022

Hi Hannah,

There is already some code within pkg/exf to read-in seaice concentration:
with #define EXF_SEAICE_FRACTION, the field variable name is "exf_iceFraction" and
the parameters associated to are areamask[...] (e.g., ... areamaskfile, areamaskperiod ...).

Now this field is not used in many places, and you may want to add/change how this
sea-ice fraction that is read from files influences your simulation.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel