[MITgcm-support] imposing sea ice

BISCHOF Hannah hannah.bischof at ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 22 05:03:17 EST 2022

Hi,
I am running a 3D ocean model and was wondering if there is any way of imposing sea ice as an external forcing from a data file instead of computing it within the model? I.e. I want the ocean to be forced by known sea ice conditions which are not in turn influenced by the ocean.
I have considered disabling the seaice package and mimicking the effect of sea ice by adapting exf fields (using e.g. the SIempmr and sifu/v diagnostics from a previous model run including the seaice package), but I'm wondering if there is a more direct way of doing this.
Thanks!
Hannah

Hannah Bischof (she/her)
PhD student - School of GeoSciences
University of Edinburgh

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th' ann an Oilthigh Dh?n ?ideann, cl?raichte an Alba, ?ireamh cl?raidh SC005336.