[MITgcm-support] Understanding gT_Forc and gS_Forc diagnostics

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Fri Sep 24 15:11:56 EDT 2021

Hi Dafydd,

You are right that "gT_Forc " and "gS_Forc " are 3-D diagnostics (the 3rd dimension is the vertical),
and this is useful for Temperature forcing (not so much for salinity) when using geothermal forcing
or penetrating short-wave from the surface.

And regarding how these match pkg/exf forcing fields, I would recommend to compare with model
diagmostics "surForcT" and "surForcS" as an intermediate step, and then try to relate
"surForcT" and "surForcS" with exf forcing fields.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel