[MITgcm-support] Error related to BLING

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Sep 6 11:49:49 EDT 2021

Hi Kunal

Along the line mentioned by Michael.

You can compile fresh adding the -devel flag to genmake2 (do a make CLEAN
or just delete your build directory beforehand to avoid any leftover).
Your build options file *probably* already has debug flags that are
activated if you use -devel in genmake2.
I think they are flags like FOPT or similar. Check.

Then add a namelist flag (can't remember by the exact name, check) to use
debug at runtime in the eesupp namelist file ...
hmmm ...  debugMode-.TRUE. ... I think.

Finally, raise the debug level in the "data" PARM01 namelist debugLevel=4
(or 5).

This will drop more error messages in STDERR.???? and traceback the call
stack the point of failure,
more verbose than it is now.

I would guess some subroutine interface may be missing one of the tracers,
probably silica, but it can be another thing.

I hope this helps
Gus