[MITgcm-support] Warm start and cold start yielding same results

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Oct 19 08:58:29 EDT 2021

Kunal,

basic ocean circulation theory tells us that density gradients drive the flow and that the dominant large scale mode is geostrophic. So it is not surprising that your initial hydrography immediately leads to a geostrophic balance, which is more or less independent of the initial conditions.

As for obcs balancing, please refer to the documentation. You options do not appear useful for the problem at hand.

Martin