[MITgcm-support] ISOMIP melt rate settings

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Nov 19 09:58:30 EST 2021

Hi Kaylie,

the if’s decide between “ISOMIP” thermodynamics and the 3-equation thermodynamics. Unfortunately there is no code to prescribe the meltrate.

In data.shelfice you can select useISOMIPTD=.TRUE. (default is false).

I would useISOMIPTD=.TRUE., because that code is simpler, and then set shelfIceFreshWaterFlux(I,J,bi,bj) in l568 to your favourite value.

setting SHELFICEheatTransCoeff=0. turns off the heat flux,  and SHELFICEconserve=.FALSE. turns off the heat flux associated with the fresh water flux.

Martin