[MITgcm-support] ISOMIP melt rate settings

Kaylie Cohanim kcohanim at princeton.edu
Thu Nov 18 13:12:08 EST 2021

Hi all,

I'm a second-year graduate student, currently working on an ISOMIP model
configuration. The configuration is running well, but I would now like to
apply a constant melt rate, rather than use the 3-equations melt rate
formula that is currently in place.

I found a few lines in mitgcm/pkg/shelfice/shelfice_thermodynamics.F where
I can change the heat and freshwater flux,

shelfIceHeatFlux(I,J,bi,bj) = 0. _d 0 shelfIceFreshWaterFlux(I,J,bi,bj) = 0.
_d 0 shelficeForcingT(I,J,bi,bj) = 0. _d 0 shelficeForcingS(I,J,bi,bj) = 0.
_d 0 . However, these lines show up multiple times in different "if"
statements and I don't quite understand which block should be changed. I'm
also wondering if there's a simpler way to do this, like a line I can add
to the data script, rather than manually setting it?

Thank you!

Kaylie