[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] Spurious mixing with internal tides

Ruan Xiaozhou saberruan at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:04:11 EST 2021

Thank you for the helpful suggestions, Yu-Kun, Dimitris and Jody! I ended up trying out scheme 2, 33, 77 and 80. In this specific setup, scheme 2 and 80 (with very similar diagnostics output) provide the best result in terms of the magnitude and general tendency of the variance destruction rate, although I think the relatively noisy field associated scheme 2 and numerical diffusion associated with scheme 80 both exaggerated the destruction rate a bit.

Cheers,
Xiaozhou
--
Xiaozhou Ruan