[MITgcm-support] pickup question

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 22 12:29:27 EDT 2021

If you are running multicore the default MITgcm setup isn’t exactly reproducible due to round-off differences amplified by the intrinsic ocean chaos. So it will blow up at slightly different time-steps.

The restart should be the exact same at the start of the run though and for at least a few timesteps.

Matt