[MITgcm-support] pickup question

Yilang Xu yxu at whoi.edu
Thu Apr 22 11:12:51 EDT 2021

Hi Lambert,

I have encountered similar issues in the past. The model gives NaN due to violation of CFL condition. Then I restart from a pickup point, but the blow-up time can vary and sometimes last longer. However, if I rerun the model from the beginning, the blow-up time is the same. I guess depending on the machine you use there could be a difference in the model behavior, even if you start from the same pick-up files. Moreover, although the model could last a bit longer, perhaps rerunning it from a pickup point won’t help to stabilize it. Hope this helps.

Best,

Yilang