[MITgcm-support] MITgcm Support Request

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Sep 14 05:03:36 EDT 2020

Hi Sara,

it looks like your paths are not set up properly and the system does not find the gfortran compiler. Make sure that you can compile simple programs (“hello world” (o:, e.g, “gfortran mytest.f") and then you may have to follow the instruction in error message:

> Error: No Fortran compilers were found in your path.  Please specify one using:
>
>     1) an "optfile" on (eg. "-optfile=path/to/OPTFILE"),
>     2) a command-line option (eg. "-fc NAME"), or
>     3) the FC or MITGCM_FC environment variables.

I don’t know the platform mingw64_nt, but I would start with the build options file linux_amd64_gfortran

M.