[MITgcm-support] Vertical Advection Scheme for PTRACERS

Bertrand Delorme bdelorme at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 8 11:18:21 EDT 2020

Hi Martin,

I need to use the same as the horizontal scheme that I set in the data.ptracers file so I should be all set. Thank you very much for this answer.

Bertrand

Le 08/10/2020 17:15, « MITgcm-support au nom de Martin Losch » <mitgcm-support-bounces at mitgcm.org au nom de Martin.Losch at awi.de> a écrit :

    HI Bertrand,

    it appears to me, that this has not been implemented. In ptracers_integrate.F either gad_advection or gad_calc_rhs are called. The third argument of each of these routines is the vertical advection scheme. You can see that PTRACERS_advScheme(iTracer) is used, i.e. the same as for horizontal advection (the defautl of which is saltAdvScheme)

    So you can either hard code it in that routine, if you want a quick fix, or implement a proper parameter list PTRACERS_vertAdvScheme, in anology to PTRACERS_advScheme.

    M.