[MITgcm-support] Vertical Advection Scheme for PTRACERS

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Oct 8 11:15:19 EDT 2020

HI Bertrand,

it appears to me, that this has not been implemented. In ptracers_integrate.F either gad_advection or gad_calc_rhs are called. The third argument of each of these routines is the vertical advection scheme. You can see that PTRACERS_advScheme(iTracer) is used, i.e. the same as for horizontal advection (the defautl of which is saltAdvScheme)

So you can either hard code it in that routine, if you want a quick fix, or implement a proper parameter list PTRACERS_vertAdvScheme, in anology to PTRACERS_advScheme.

M.