[MITgcm-support] python utilities and python3?

Christoph Voelker christoph.voelker at awi.de
Fri Oct 2 12:16:24 EDT 2020

Dear all,

I am trying to switch my python plotting routines for MITgcm output to
python3, and in doing so I had to install the MITgcm python utilities
anew; since I use ipython, I have tried doing that through ipython, with

sudo ipython3 setup.py

(which worked if I remember correctly for ipython (with python
version2). But now I am getting a large number of error messages, that I
don't really understand. Has anyone experiences something similar and
found a fix?

Cheers, Christoph

--
Christoph Voelker