[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] SSH problems with nonlinFreeSurf and Star

Stanislav Martyanov martyanov.sd at gmail.com
Thu May 14 15:59:46 EDT 2020

Hello, Dimitris!

Thank you for your answer. Sorry for the delay with my reply, I have just
read the article you mentioned and some other, and performed several
test model runs..., and now all the pieces get at their places. Previously
I had switched on the option useRealFreshWaterFlux=.TRUE., and that is why
my SSH was in dependence upon SIT.

BTW, despite the option useRealFreshWaterFlux=.TRUE. being more physical
and correct than the 'levitating sea ice' approach, it is interesting to
note that, with the option useRealFreshWaterFlux=.FALSE., the sea ice
characteristics (SIC and SIT) I get for the Kara Sea are almost the same as
in the experiment with useRealFreshWaterFlux=.TRUE., just like reported in
the article by Campin et al., 2008.

Regards,
Stanislav