[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] changing one entry in pickup files

Paola Cessi pcessi at ucsd.edu
Mon May 11 20:18:48 EDT 2020

Hi Dimitri,

I am using matlab. These are pickups files from the flt package, so I am not sure they are the same as the regular MITgcm pickups. They are written and read with the mdsio package.

I _think_ that what I need to change is the 9th entry of the “arr" array, i.e. arr(9) written/read by the routines mdsio_wr_rec_rl.F/mdsio_rd_rec_rl.F. That said, I don’t understand how to locate this variable given the .meta file (attached).

Many thanks,

Paola

Paola Cessi
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
9500 Gilman Drive #0213
La Jolla, CA 92093-0213
USA
Tel: +1 858 534 0622   Fax: +1 858 534 8045
e-mail: pcessi at ucsd.edu     Web:  http://www-pord.ucsd.edu/~pcessi

Delivery address (Fed-Ex, DHL, UPS, etc.):
Paola Cessi
University of California San Diego
Keck Center - Room 366
8851 Shellback Way