[MITgcm-support] mpi run with cpu more than 9999

Daquan Guo Daquan.Guo at kaust.edu.sa
Tue Mar 10 15:47:04 EDT 2020

Thanks very much Martin and Jean-Michel for your suggestions,

To update, by simply changing it from I4.4 to I5.5 for the writing of files
STDERR*, STDOUT* and scratch* in few files related (I listed below), the
model managed to run. I have not tried the #define SINGLE_DISK_IO (in
CPP_EEOPTIONS.h), but it looks like a smarter solution, I will give it a
try.

eeboot_minimal.F:       WRITE(myProcessStr,'(I5.5)') myProcId
eeboot_minimal.F:         WRITE(fNam,'(A,A)') 'STDERR.', myProcessStr(1:5)
eeboot_minimal.F:         WRITE(fNam,'(A,A)') 'STDOUT.', myProcessStr(1:5)

eeset_parms.F:      WRITE(scratchFile1,'(A,I5.5)') 'scratch1.', myProcId
eeset_parms.F:      WRITE(scratchFile2,'(A,I5.5)') 'scratch2.', myProcId

open_copy_data_file.F:      WRITE(scratchFile1,'(A,I5.5)') 'scratch1.',
myProcId
open_copy_data_file.F:      WRITE(scratchFile2,'(A,I5.5)') 'scratch2.',
myProcId

Daquan Guo
Post-doctoral Fellow
Physical Sciences and Engineering
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Bldg 1, Lv 4, 4700 KAUST, Thuwal 23955-6900, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Mobile: +966 541048507

this email.