[MITgcm-support] mpi run with cpu more than 9999

Daquan Guo Daquan.Guo at kaust.edu.sa
Tue Mar 10 07:52:34 EDT 2020

Dear mitgcm community and developers,

I am running a case with 16650 cpus and facing a problem.
It seems the files scratch.*, STDERR.* and STDOUT.* can not be written well
if the number exceeds 9999, instead it generates one file named
'scratch.****', which can not be read and processed then the model crashed.
I am wondering if anyone has experience on this and knows how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Best,
Daquan

this email.