[MITgcm-support] [EXTERNAL] topography with OBCS

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 10:36:06 EDT 2020

Hi Andreas, I had assumed that your initial tests were an attempt to reproduce a small region from a larger-domain simulation.  If you don’t extract the U/V/T/S OBCS fields from the correct locations in the larger-domain simulation, you might end up with a mask mismatch issue.  But based on your discussion with Martin, this seems not to be the case.

If your simulations are easy to repeat, you could you try turning off
 useOBCSsponge    = .FALSE.,
 useOBCSbalance   = .FALSE.,
and then turning these back on one at a time in order to isolate the bug.
I don’t think that the bug lives in useOBCSprescribe for 3D variables.

Dimitris