[MITgcm-support] Specification of horizontal diffusivity via a file input?

Lewis, David (CDR) david.lewis1 at nps.edu
Mon Feb 3 19:42:26 EST 2020

MITgcm team,

Quick question regarding diffusivity inputs in the model.  As I've gone through the user manual, I've noticed that MITgcm allows for input of horizontal viscosity via a file input (e.g. 'viscAhDfile'  and 'viscArNrFile').  I've also noticed there are 'viscArNr' and  'diffKrNr' inputs to create vertical profiles of viscosity/diffusivity, but didn't see any mechanism to input a varying horizontal diffusivity field via a file input.  Is there a way one can input a horizontal diffusivity field in a similar manner (i.e. 'diffKhFile' for either heat and/or salt)?  Thanks for your assistance.

Sincerely,

David