[MITgcm-support] Unable to build tutorial_barotropic_gyre with Intel compilers

Edward Doddridge edward.doddridge at utas.edu.au
Mon Apr 27 02:53:23 EDT 2020

Hi John,

Are you trying to run on Kunanyi?

I just tried the following

module load intel
module load openmpi

md build
../../../tools/genmake2 -mods ../code -of ../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_ifort+impi
make depend
make
cd ..

cd run
ln -s ../input/* .
ln -s ../build/mitgcmuv .
./mitgcmuv > output.txt

And it worked. Does you error persist if you use the above commands?

Regards,
Ed

Edward Doddridge
Research Associate and Theme Leader
Australian Antarctic Program Partnership (AAPP)
Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS)
University of Tasmania (UTAS)