[MITgcm-support] Regional high-res model configuration

Stanislav Martyanov martyanov.sd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:23:14 EDT 2020

Hello, Jody!

>> when the Richardson number goes to less than 1/4, the diffusivity
>> and viscoisity goes to infinity, or more practically, to a capping value
Yes, and that is why I was wondered that GGL90 may need additional
convection...

>>You may also look at KL10 for these scales
I have, and we are planning to use it for the Kara Sea when the general
part of the model's configuring is over. The thing I am interesting in is
the river plumes entering the Kara Sea and generating strong stratification.

Regards,
Stanislav