[MITgcm-support] Banding, Checkerboarding in KPP Viscosities

Senja Walberg senja.w at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 00:08:06 EDT 2020

Hello all and thanks for the replies.
As I mentioned in another reply, which I'm not sure has gone through,
non-hydrostatic is unfortunately not an option.

In response the Dimitris, the banding is within the boundary layer and
stable in time and vertical structure.

Thanks for the recommendations Matthew, I'll try each of them.One thing I'd
like to clarify is that there is no noise in the horizontal, it was there
in the beginning but I applied horizontal smoothing as you suggest and that
solved the issue in that plane.

Best,
Senja