[MITgcm-support] Banding, Checkerboarding in KPP Viscosities

Senja Walberg senja.w at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:07:08 EDT 2020

Hey Dimitris,

My horizontal resolution is still relatively coarse and I'm unable to use
the non-hydrostatic solver as I am using R* with the non-linear free
surface (for the larger simulation I am doing this is necessary). I don't
think I can go without a mixing parameterization, though I'm not completely
sure of that.

The solution when I turn KPP off is significantly different, and I don't
have anything to compare to to know which is better. I believe that
ultimately I do need KPP...

At the very least I'd wonder why it breaks down at high resolution.

Regards,
Senja