[MITgcm-support] Orlanski boundary condition

Estanislao Gavilan Pascual-Ahuir dramauh at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 02:26:24 EDT 2019

Dear community,

I am no sure how it works this boundary condition. I mean in theory allows waves to leave the domain. Therefore, this can change the flow at the boundary. I have set a small experiment where I open a North and a South boundary.  I prescribe a flow across the south boundary and a set the north boundary with the Orlanski boundary condition. I would have guessed that this produces an outflow across the North boundary but I did not observe that. Do I need to active the useOBCSbalance? Thanks so much in advance fo your help

Kind regards,

Estanislao

data.obcs

&OBSC_PARAM01
OBCSfixTopo=.False.,
OB_Ieast=0,
OB_Iwest=0,
OB_Jnorth(29:53)=25-1,
OB_Jsouth(29:53)=25-1,
OBSvFile='OBzonalinV05const.bin',
OBSuFile='OBmeridU05const.bin',
useOrlanskiNorth=.TRUE.,
OBCS_monitorFreq=1200.00,
OBCS_monSelec=1,
&

&OBCS_PARAM02
&

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>  Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>