[MITgcm-support] Bulk forcing and partial cells

Richet, Oceane (O&A, Hobart) Oceane.Richet at csiro.au
Fri Nov 15 00:39:56 EST 2019

Hello everyone,

I am using the bulk formula package to force my regional model. My simulation runs but I have few crazy values for the salinity (from -200 to 90 psu). All these points are coastal points and correspond to partial cells. Do you know if partial cells are taken into account in the calculation of the freshwater flux from the bulk formula? It does not look to be the case but I can be wrong. And do you have an idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you

Océane Richet
CSHOR Postdoctoral Fellow
CSIRO, Hobart, Australia