[MITgcm-support] nondivergent flow advecting a tracer

Edward W Doddridge ewd at mit.edu
Fri May 31 10:11:15 EDT 2019

Hi You-Kun,

I’ve actually never used the offline code, so I’m not certain. I believe that deltaToffline is the time step used by the model to select the correct velocity file, while delaTtracer is the time step used to advect the tracer in the flow field.

But, you might find the answers you’re looking for here: http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/final/online_documents/node170.html

These are the example experiments using the offline code. They haven’t been translated from the old documentation yet, so if you only looked at read the docs, you might have missed them.

Cheers,
Ed

Edward Doddridge
Postdoctoral researcher
Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

www.doddridge.me<http://www.doddridge.me>