[MITgcm-support] where to find details about "tutorial_global_oce_biogeo"

Jeffery R Scott jscott at mit.edu
Thu May 9 15:32:22 EDT 2019

Hi Yongbo,

We have an ambitious plan to update, improve,  and include additional new tutorial setups, but at the moment work is proceeding a bit slowly.

At present, other tutorials (including tutorial_global_oce_biogeo) may be found in the old documentation, in chapter 3:
http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/final/
Some of the info here is outdated, but will at least provide some help in getting started.

For (non-tutorial) verification experiments, these are not documented in the manual, but several have additional details or info in a README file.

For tutorial_global_oce_biogeo, this is one we targeted (along with other global ocean tutorials) near the top of the list, so perhaps
something we’ll get to incoming months, but in the meantime email the support list if you have questions.

Best,
Jeff

Dear MITgcm fellow,
The MITgcm verification includes 61 tutorials or verification experiments. However, details about the "tutorial_global_oce_biogeo" are scarce, In fact, only "tutorial_barotropic_gyre" and "rotating_tank" are detailed at the online user's manual [https://mitgcm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html]. Where should I go to find more information about other  tutorials (such as "tutorial_global_oce_biogeo" ) or verification experiments?
Thanks a lot!Yours sincerely,Yongbo