[MITgcm-support] errors when shifting from curvilinear to spherical coordinates

Yi-Chih Huang dscpln at gmail.com
Thu May 2 13:17:18 EDT 2019

Hello,

     I work on the rotating tank with cold blobs at the top.  I can run the
model in curvilinear coordinates with time interval 1.2 s.  When shifting
to spherical coordinates, I got numerous NaN in STDOUT files in the
beginning although the time interval is very small.  Below are the
differences between the file data in these two coordinates.  Also, I
attached the file data and STDOUT file.  There is nothing different
in STDERR files.  I wonder what caused the errors in the spherical
coordinates?  Could you give me some hints?

<  nIter0=      0,
<  nTimeSteps= 75000,
<  deltaT=0.00001,
---