[MITgcm-support] Simulation Breaking with r*

Senja Walberg senja.w at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 09:03:47 EDT 2019

Thanks for the reply Martin,

I suppose something I neglected to mention is that the simulation contains
a full lake and so there are very shallow areas of the bathymetry, hence I
believe that the partial cells are draining and that's why the eta value is
less than dz. I'll be sure to follow your advice of using a more smoothly
varying vertical grid. For now, it seems that running a version with a
minimum depth (truncating the shoreline areas down) worked to solve my
issue.

Regards
Senja