[MITgcm-support] MITgcm and Mac OS X : a proposal - March 14, 2019

space-eu.delphin at laposte.net space-eu.delphin at laposte.net
Thu Mar 14 07:34:50 EDT 2019

Dear Mss., dear Sir :

Yesterday, I downloaded the last version of MITgcm (tar.gz file) and tried to compile the source code through some tests under Mac OS X (Snow Leopard; v. 10.6.8), and it seems it is a success.

So, should you feel interest in running MITgcm with a Mac computer (a single one ; not a cluster currently), I can send you freely the output files issued by MITgcm, for each test or tutorial one can find in the verification folder.

Please kindly note that I use different compiler : GCC 4.2.1 (provided by XCode), more recent versions of GCC and gfortran, as well as MPI compilers I built and installed.

Eventaully, please do not hesitate to let me know if you want to receive these output (log) files.

Kind regards,