[MITgcm-support] weird behavior when checkpointing with pkg/ctrl

Raphael Dussin raphael.dussin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 12:12:48 EDT 2019

Hi,

I cannot reproduce my results between runs with and without checkpointing
when using the pkg/ctrl. I'm not expecting bitwise reproducibility but I am
obtaining large discrepancies after
checkpointing, as if the ctrl were not applied anymore.

Method: 1 job of 360 days, no checkpoint
              2 jobs of 180 days, 1 checkpoint

The ctrl on the initial condition were applied in a previous 1 timestep
job, and are not applied here.
More details and plots in the pdf.

Has anybody experienced similar issues? Any hints to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Regards,
Raphael Dussin (@Lamont/Columbia)