[MITgcm-support] Error while implementing OBCS

Kevin Ha kevin.ha.pro at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 10:38:29 EDT 2019

Dear community,

I am having an error message when implementing obcs package to my
configuration. After the run I get the message written below. Can someone
explain what is wrong ? The u.box file is my specified boundary condition
for velocity u at the north face of the domain (the file is generated using
matlab code and has dimension Ny*Nz*Nt).

Thank you in advance

Best

Kevin

Fortran runtime error: Non-existing record number

Error termination. Backtrace:
At line 1873 of file mdsio_read_section.f (unit = 9, file = 'u.box')

#0  0x7fb72c0b7607 in ???
#1  0x7fb72c0b8115 in ???
#2  0x7fb72c0b8869 in ???
#3  0x7fb72c17edc9 in ???
#0  0x7ff59cbfc607 in ???
#1  0x7ff59cbfd115 in ???
#2  0x7ff59cbfd869 in ???
#3  0x7ff59ccc3dc9 in ???
#4  0x43d946 in ???
#5  0x4b76f4 in ???
#6  0x4a1086 in ???
#7  0x49a19e in ???
#8  0x4a60a5 in ???
#9  0x5bdbb7 in ???
#10  0x5b0924 in ???
#11  0x5db6fe in ???
#12  0x5db8c4 in ???
#13  0x511c35 in ???
#14  0x402366 in ???
#15  0x7ff59bee9724 in ???
#16  0x402398 in ???
        at ../sysdeps/x86_64/start.S:118
#17  0xffffffffffffffff in ???
#4  0x43d946 in ???
#5  0x4b76f4 in ???
#6  0x4a1086 in ???
#7  0x49a19e in ???
#8  0x4a60a5 in ???
#9  0x5bdbb7 in ???
#10  0x5b0924 in ???
#11  0x5db6fe in ???
Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned
a non-zero exit code.. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.
mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status,
thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

  Process name: [[9039,1],27]
  Exit code:    2